Dated 30 July 2021
Aurora Capital Limited ("Aurora Capital", "Aurora", "we", "us", "our") is bound by and adheres to the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 for personal information to which that Act relates ("Privacy Act") and the Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act. These Principles govern how we collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information.
We can change this policy from time to time. The updated policy will be available on our website and client portal ("platform"). It is up to you to check for any changes. By continuing the usage of the platform, you are considered to have accepted any updated policy.
1. Purposes of the collection of personal information
The personal information you provide to us (whether on our platform or elsewhere) will be collected and held by Aurora for the following purposes:-
- processing and responding to your web enquiry;
- administration, marketing, operation, security and management of the Aurora KiwiSaver Scheme;
- the provision of our financial products and services to you;
- compliance with any laws, rules and regulations whether in New Zealand or in any other country;
- to understand our users preferences and interests;
- for internal research, development, and optimisation of our platforms and the services we provide;
- targeting our advertising, and letting you know about new or other features and services we offer. This includes keeping you informed about other financial opportunities, products and services being offered by any third party that provides services to Aurora;
- evaluating and improving our client service; and
2. Disclosing Personal Information
Your personal information may be disclosed to, and held and used by, the following persons:
- Aurora and any of its employees, contractors, advisers, and agents.
- Any third party, whether in New Zealand or elsewhere, that provides services to Aurora [note that if you are a New Zealand investor and have opted for electronic identity verification in connection with an application for any Aurora KiwiSaver fund, your information will be shared with external agencies who may use a credit file header database to verify your address (this is not a credit check).
- Other bodies such as government agencies (including the FMA), regulators, and legal and professional advisers (whether or not we are legally obliged to disclose).
- Any other person or entity where it is relevant to do so for the purposes set out above.
We can also disclose personal information to third parties as instructed by you and in other ways permitted by the Privacy Act and Principles.
Your personal information may also be used by, and you consent to the use of your personal information by, Aurora (including any third party that provides services to Aurora) to keep you informed about other financial opportunities, products and services, including by by phone call, email, by text message, by Aurora's online portal or by any other electronic means. Any electronic marketing communication offering other financial opportunities, products or services will include an unsubscribe facility. You can also opt out of any marketing communication by contacting us on the Contact Details below
3. Method of collection of personal information
We collect most personal information directly from you. Sometimes we may (and you authorise us to) collect personal information about you from other people. We may also collect information about you from publicly available sources of information.
When you are dealing with Aurora by telephone or video chat service, your conversation may be recorded for training or verification purposes.
4. Cookies (or similar technologies)
We may share information collected through cookies, or similar technologies, with third parties (who may also use that information for ad targeting and the other purposes described above).
5. Opting out of cookies or marketing communication
You can prevent new cookies from being installed and delete existing cookies. The procedure depends on which browser you are using. For information on how to remove cookies, check your internet browser. You may be unable to make full use of our platform or any of its integration unless you accept cookies.
For further information on how to opt out of cookies or similar technologies, go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
You can opt out of marketing communication from Aurora (including any third party that provides services to Aurora) by contacting us on the Contact Details below. Any electronic marketing communication offering other financial opportunities, products or services will include an unsubscribe facility.
6. Holding your personal information
The personal information we hold will be stored securely by us or our service providers, whether electronically or otherwise. We use a range of security measures to protect the personal information we hold.
7. Breach of your personal information
If there has been an eligible breach of your personal information, we will respond to actual or potential data breaches quickly through our notification processes. Eligible breaches include (i) unauthorised access or disclosure of personal information, and (ii) information that is lost in circumstances where unauthorised access or disclosure of personal information has occurred, in each case where the breach has or is likely to result in serious harm to one or more individuals and Aurora has not been able to prevent the likely risk of serious harm with remedial actions.
If we believe there has been an eligible breach, then affected individuals and the regulator will be notified to ensure that your personal information is protected.
8. Access and correction of your personal information
You have rights under the Privacy Act and Principles to find out what personal information we hold about you, get a copy of and to request correction to the personal information you have supplied, by contacting Aurora on the Contact Details below. Any update to your personal information may be used to update other information held about you by service providers of Aurora.
9. Personal information not provided
If you do not provide the personal information we request, we may not be able to respond to your enquiry or provide you with the full range of products and services we offer.
We will refer your complaint to our Compliance Team or General Counsel (if any) who will investigate the issue and determine the steps (if any) that we will undertake to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we require any additional information from you and will notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation. We will aim to respond to and notify you of the outcome of our investigation regarding the privacy complaint within 20 business days of receiving the complaint.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can further contact us to discuss your concerns or make a complaint to the New Zealand Privacy Office via www.privacy.org.nz.
11. Contact Details
If calling from New Zealand: 0800 242 023
By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org